This season I've fallen in love with everything nautical. These shorts and my necklace are evidence of that. I love the feel that these nautical pieces give off. The shorts are from my favorite brand that Target sells, Merona. I feel that Merona gives off a J. Crew-esque feel and lately I've been lovely that. The only bad thing about these shorts is that they're a little (read: a lot) big around my waist since they sit higher. It's an easy fix with an added button but for those of you who, like me have a small waist and larger hips I figured you might want to know.
This week I'll be ending it at the studio. My solo has been finished since mid April but it's almost recital time so we're pulling apart everything and making sure everything is 100% perfect. I have a love and hate relationship with this time of year. On one hand I know it'll be worth it but the way my body feels after the fact isn't always pleasant. (Hey golf ball sized bruises, meet my knees.) But I know that after recital I'll hug Miss Laurie and Miss Terrie and thank them again for a wonderful year.
This year I'm turning 16, that's right, the big 1-6. Although I'm not doing anything special for my birthday (I'll be on stage for my dance recital) I thought it'd be really fun to be together a big “16 Things I Want for My 16th Birthday” wishlist. I've had a ton of fun perusing my favorite shops and narrowing it down to 16 items.
1. Marilyn Monroe Gentlemen Prefer Blondes Poster*- This is one of my favorite Marilyn movies. I think it’s because I just love the fashion in it so much. The poster is amazing. I would love to have this hanging in my room with the rest of my Marilyn pictures.
2. Kate Spade’s Things We Love*- In the blog world everyone buzzed about this book when it came out. The pictures inside are gorgeous and I’d love to have this sitting on my bedside table.
3. KJP Bracelet*- Ever since I started to follow Sarah and Sadie, I've fallen in love with the KJP bracelets. Made in Rhode Island, beautifully crafted these bracelets would light up my summer wardrobe. (Vicker’s Bow in Dapper Huey, Quartermaster collection in Ship Starlin Castle and Lanyard Hitch Collection in Peter Wence.)
4. Loly in the Sky Loafers- These are so dang cute. I actually couldn't decide which ones I like better the lobster ones or the bow tie ones. I can see myself wearing both in all seasons! [Bows/Lobsters]
6. Kate Spade Handbag- I was once told that every girl needs a Kate Spade handbag at least once in her life. I believe that!
7. Daisy by Marc Jacobs Perfume*- This is a signature scent of so many of my favorite bloggers. When I finally got around to smelling it in a Macy’s I fell in love. The scent is just gorgeous.
8. Lilly Pulitzer Bow Belt- I've been crushing on this belt and this similar Kate Spade one for a very long time. In my eyes an outfit is always complete if there’s a bow or pearls in it somewhere. This darling belt from Lilly Pulitzer has a bit both. A complete win in my book if you ask me.
9. J. Crew Shorts and Whale Sweater- I really want this outfit for those cold summer nights when a sweater and shorts are appropriate. The whales make the outfit fun and enjoyable.
10. Modcloth Dresses*- Although I have a bunch of dresses now, a girl can never have too many of them (or shoes.) Since I love Modcloth so much though all I'm really asking for is a gift certificate! One of these two dresses would definitely make it into my cart. [Left/Right]
11. Fuji Instax Wide Instant Camera*- I love the look of an old polaroid. This camera is much like a polaroid camera except it instantly produces wider pictures. I’d love this camera for when I go with the performance team on our nine day trip at the end of June.
12. Movies*- In the US these two movies are rated “R” so I was unable to see them when they came out, I really wanted to. Gangster Squad intrigued me because it’s a period piece (its set in the 40s) that involves good guys changing sides for the good of their city. Oh and Emma Stone and Ryan Gosling are working together again. They’re amazing![Gangster Squad Trailer] Silver Linings Playbook was one I wanted to see just because it seemed interesting and a bunch of my blogger friends said they loved it. [Silver Linings Playbook Trailer]
14. Essie Nail Polish- Essie is my favorite brand of nail polish. It stays on long, the colors are bright and always have the best names. I would love a few pastel colors and a bright blue or purple. Also I really want the top coats and base coats. I've just run out of my old one and I have to say a manicure is never the same without either of those things.
15. Elsie and Emma’s App, A Beautiful Mess [Not Pictured]- This app just came out on the 14th and everyone is loving it. I love what they have posted about it and can’t wait to try it myself. [I’ll probably get really antsy and buy this for myself way before June(:]
16. Revlon Lip Butters [Not Pictured]- These things are amazing. I have two colors, Strawberry Shortcake and Sweet Tart. They’re both these pretty pinks that work really well with my skin tone. These are really good for when I want the color of a lipstick but the benefits of a lip balm, they perfectly combine the two. Also I’ve had some questions about if it makes my lips dry and no they don’t. I would love to have more of these maybe, Cotton Candy or Cupcake
*Starred items are items that I really really want!!
Today is an interesting day in my household. It's not only mother's day (Happy Mother's Day, Mom! Love you!) it's also my brother's birthday. The old man is turning 29. My brother is one of my favorite people to talk to and just be around in general. Never a dull moment, never. I love that about him. He's also very supportive of me with all the dancing I do. I love that too! I don't think I could ask for a better brother and even if I could I'm not sure I would. Happy Birthday James, Love you! xoxo -Fred
[Side note: Why don't we have a better picture than this?]
For all the mothers on their very special day. Thank you for all you do, for all you sacrifice and all you put up with. I'm sure we all could do a better job at appreciating all that you do. Today, I thank each and every mother out there, including my own. I hope you all have the best day ever.
For the past few seasons everybody has been raving about chambray. Chambray shirts, dresses you name it. I was quite skeptical of chambray shirts but then I saw this dress. My friend was wearing it and I fell in love. If you guys know me by now, you know that polka dots sell me. Well this chambray dress has polka dots and changed my mind on chambray. I love it!